Due to recent life events I haven’t posted much about this here, but we are in the final hours of a Kickstarter campaign that was initially for the anthology Man and Machine, book 7 in the award-winning Defending the Future series, with stories by Brenda Cooper, Bud Sparhawk, Nancy Jane Moore, Jennifer Brozek, Ronald Garner, Aaron Rosenberg, James Chambers, Patrick Thomas, Jeff Young, Eric Hardenbrook, Robert Waters, Anton Kukal, Danielle Ackley-McPhail, and a special Afterword by CJ Henderson (posthumous).
Not only did the campaign fund quickly, but it has unlocked sixteen stretch goals, including funding a tee shirt, a mission patch, and two additional books: If We Had Known (book one in the Beyond the Cradle anthology series) and The Best of Defending the Future.
Here is a list of all the bonus rewards all backers at the $5 or higher level will now receive in DRM-Free format:
- Danielle Ackley-McPhail’s short story “By Any Means” a prequel to her story in Man and Machine.
- Jennifer Brozek’s short story “Found on the Body of a Solider”.
- Robert E. Waters’ short story “Old Soldiers Never Die”.
- Soothe the Savage Beast (anthology),
- “A Second Away” by John L. French (short story), and
- “Mercenary” by Bud Sparhawk (short story)
- David Sherman’s story “Going After Yeechiphooie” ACHIEVED!
- Time Traveled Tales 2 (anthology),
- “Grilg Friendly” by James Chambers (short story), and
- “Sign of Iron” by Peter Prellwitz, writing as HK Devonshire (short story).
- Danielle Ackley-McPhail’s short story “Last Man Standing” a prequel to her story in Man and Machine.
- Nancy Jane Moore’s short story “Borders”.
- Brenda Cooper’s short story “A Hand and Honor”.
- Danielle Ackley-McPhail’s solo science fiction collection A Legacy of Stars,
- “Written in Light” by Jeff Young (story),
- “12:70” by Peter Prellwitz, writing as HK Devonshire (story)
We have also unlocked the following production goals which are available via the add-on section of the campaign or select pledge rewards that have been added:
- If We Had Known (Book 1 in the Beyond the Cradle series)
- Dogs of War custom Tee Shirt
- Defending the Future Mission Patch
- Best of Defending the Future anthology
And, I made an executive decision. I’d really LOVE to see From the Archives funded so I have reshuffled the rewards so all our lovely backers have a chance at even more great fiction than they are already getting. That means we are just $170 away from unlocking a FOURTH book! With five hours to go, that should be no problem! I have also added From the Archives to the pledge rewards and add-on section. Now, there are just FIVE hours left…What mischief can we get up to? Here are the remaining stretch goals:
220 Backer Bonus – DRM-Free copies of all five Radiation Angels: The Mission Files stories by James Daniel Ross.
$5000 – At this stretch goal we will fund a fourth book: From the Archives, a short story collection edited by Greg Schauer and including stories by Mike McPhail and Danielle Ackley-McPhail.
$5300 – A Man and Machine Mission Patch will be produced and added to the Pledge rewards and Add-on section.
$5600 – A DTF Man and Machine Challenge Coin will be produced and added to the Pledge rewards and Add-on section.
$6000 – DOUBLE UP BONUS #4
Can you help us spread the word, or maybe even chip in a dollar or ten? Everyone wins in this campaign! http://tiny.cc/DTF7