We have had a lot of these lately. That justs means we have a lot of great titles coming up for your reading enjoyment. This book is by an author new to eSpec, but by no means a rookie. We hope you look forward to Among the Wild Cybers as much as we do.
Tales Beyond the Superhuman
When the line between life and technology blurs, humanity must adjust their understanding of the universe. From bestselling author Christopher L. Bennett comes Among the Wild Cybers, eight tales portraying a future of challenge and conflict, but also of hope born from the courage and idealism of those heroes willing to stand up for what is right.
- An intrepid naturalist risks her future to save a new form of life that few consider worth saving.
- An apprentice superhero must stand alone against an insane superintelligence to earn her name.
- A cybernetic slave fights to save her kind from a liberation not of their choosing.
- A seasoned diplomat and mother must out-negotiate fearsome alien traders to save a colony’s children.
- A homicide detective serves in a world where curing death has only made murder more baffling.
These and other heroes strive to make their corners of the universe better—no matter how much the odds are stacked against them.
Includes the brand-new tale, Aspiring to Be Angels, prequel to the novel Only Superhuman.
Christopher L. Bennett is a lifelong resident of Cincinnati, Ohio, with a B.S. in Physics and a B.A. in History from the University of Cincinnati. A fan of science and science fiction since age five, he has spent the past two decades selling original short fiction to magazines such as Analog Science Fiction and Fact and BuzzyMag. For the past dozen years, he has been one of Pocket Books’ most prolific and popular authors of Star Trek tie-in fiction, including the epic Next Generation prequel The Buried Age, the Star Trek: Department of Temporal Investigations series, and the ongoing Star Trek: Enterprise—Rise of the Federation series. His original novel Only Superhuman, perhaps the first hard science fiction superhero novel, was voted Library Journal’s SF/Fantasy Debut of the Month for October 2012. His short story collection Hub Space: Tales from the Greater Galaxy is available in e-book and print formats from Mystique Press.